There comes a time
we must stand
before the mirror
look into our tired eyes
our true selves
destined for greatness
each of us consent
our desires unlimited
freedom enslaving us
to popular boredom
when will we be ready
to ask such questions
we race into mazes
do we live as mice?
-Pen Connor 2015
POETIC FORM: A Remixing Poem
To earn the Pick & Mix badge, begin by selecting a source text of your choice. Browse through a selection of your text, copying down words and phrases that interest you. Craft a poem using only words you found in the text, arranging them in any order you choose. Credit your source text at the bottom of your post.
PoMoSco (Poetry Month Scouts)
Found Poetry Review’s 2015 National Poetry Month Project
- April 2015 – 213 poets joined together as a troop to earn digital merit badges for completing experimental and found poetry prompts.
- Prompts are divided into five categories – remixing, erasure, out and about, conceptual and chance operation.
- Each category offers six distinct badges to be earned.
- Poets choose their own source text.
- For more information, check out pomosco.com.
A dear friend and fabulous poet, Von Thompson, is a participant. When she told me about the challenge, I decided to play along at home.
SOURCE TEXT: The Motivation Manifesto – Brendon Burchard