When you are four it is
noteworthy to own a key that
might open a magic door.
All maps should have wheels,
and discovering a car in
Your pocket is a surprise!
When you are four and you find
a penny in the carpet, it’s good to
share it with someone you love.
Having a puppy on your shirt
is the very best kind of funny,
and hugs are better with growls.
tossed over a bed
made this farmer’s
POETIC FORM: An out-and-about Poem
To earn the “Order’s Up” badge, visit your local restaurant, bar or coffee shop and snag a copy of the menu. Write a poem using only words and phrases found on the menu. Get a picture of yourself taken sitting in the location to post alongside your poem (selfies allowed for the less intrepid). Cite your restaurant, bar or coffee shop name and location at the bottom of your post.
PoMoSco (Poetry Month Scouts)
Found Poetry Review’s 2015 National Poetry Month Project
– April 2015 – 213 poets joined together as a troop to earn digital merit badges for completing experimental and found poetry prompts.
– Prompts are divided into five categories – remixing, erasure, out and about, conceptual and chance operation.
– Each category offers six distinct badges to be earned.
– Poets choose their own source text.
– For more information, check out pomosco.com.
A dear friend and fabulous poet, Von Thompson, is a participant. When she told me about the challenge, I decided to play along at home.
SOURCE: The Hideaway (Hideaway Pizza), Cherry Street, Tulsa, OK